A pair of Victorian sterling silver wine decanter labels hallmarked for 1888. The labels are rectangular in shape with a grape and vine-leaf border. The are hand-engraved for Brandy and Whiskey.
English, hallmarked with the Lion Passant mark for .925 silver, Anchor mark for the assay town of Birmingham, the letter O for 1888, and markers mark of C.C for Colin Hewer Cheshire (entered mark 1867) , Birmingham, and Monarch’s Mark
Measurements; 2” X 1 ½”, chain adds 3 ¼” in length
Condition report; Very good, some wear to several letters which appears to be from polishing and use, the Brandy label has a small ding just below the letter “n”, light surface scratches in accordance with age and use.
Complimentary shipping within the US